Thursday, July 21, 2016

Pretties preview!

Hi again! I have been so busy moving this past week. We are still unpacking here at the new place and cleaning up the old place. I did manage to snap a picture of some of the fabrics I will use for my daughter and me! I got several character prints at the hancock store closing sale. Can't beat 70% off character prints! The fabrics for my son are either in the wash or they walked off when I attempted to photograph them. I just want to take a minute and stress the importance of pre-washing fabrics before you sew with them. Fabrics shrink! Some may shrink a little some shrink a lot. My poor friend order a quilted baby blanket off Etsy for her daughter. After the first wash, she posted a picture on Facebook to ask what was wrong with the quilt. The quilt had minky as well as cottons together. It was obvious that the seller did not pre-wash the minky and it shrunk in the wash but the cotton didn't shrink as much. My friend was left with a horrible misshapen quilt. When you take the chance not pre-washing fabric that you are using to make a garment you risk the garment shrinking after washing and becoming unwearable! Don't waste your pretty fabric and time! Pre-wash all your fabrics!



No comments:

Post a Comment